Thursday, September 1, 2011

ok, I'll make chutney...

It seems that every year I branch out and try something new in canned products. Strangely, it's usually something that I was dead set against the year before! So, to all of you who asked me last year if I made chutney, and I told you that was something I would never EVER make, my apologies, because I've now made two chutneys. And I have to say, I am a believer.
Wow! I have never tasted anything so decadent with a cheese and cracker snack. And I thought just savoury jam was enough. I was so wrong. So I'm sorry. But incredibly happy to have simply delicious Sour Cherry Chutney and a mouth watering Nectarine Chutney.
I should also mention that I broke down and made saskatoon berry jam instead of jelly this year, even though I swore up and down and saskatoon berry jam is nowhere near as good as it's counterpart, jelly. I still believe that, but I had ALOT of people asking for jam.
Conclusion to this post - if you want me to make something, just ask alot and wait for next year!
Happy harvesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment